How to fix a 'bad password' error for Web Easy 8 and 9
If you are using Web Easy 7 or earlier, and you are getting a 'bad password' message, please verify you are not using multiple websites. If you have only 1 website, please contact our support to obtain your correct password.
If you are using Web Easy 8 or later, and you are getting a 'bad password' message, the iEasySite Instant Publisher has most likely been knocked out of the Web Easy software. This can happen if you reinstall the program or perform a software update.
Depending on the upload publisher you would like to use, there are two ways to upload your website using Web Easy:
Solution 1: Reinstall the iEasySite Instant Publisher (Recommended)
1. Press Start > Control Panel
2. Open "Programs and Features" or "Add/Remove Programs" (for XP users)
3. Uninstall "iEasySite (remove only)" (if present)
4. Download our publisher at http://ieasysite.com/Downloads/iEasySitePublisher.exe
5. When prompted, run the application
6. Install the iEasySite Instant Publisher
7. Open your website document in Web Easy
8. Go to Build > Website, or Publish > Build (for Web Easy 9 users)
9. Checkmark "Publish on Internet"
10. Press OK
When your document is finished building, it should launch the iEasySite Instant Publisher.
11. You will need to perform an account recovery so it will recognize your website.
Solution 2: Create an upload profile using the Web Easy publish assistant
1. Open your website document in Web Easy
2. Go to Build > Website, or Publish > Build (for Web Easy 9 users)
3. Press OK
4. Go to Tools > Publish Assistant, or Publish > 3rd Party Publish (for Web Easy 9 users)
If you using Web Easy 8, you may get a yellow cue card, select "Publish to your existing web hosting service or ISP".
5. Press Next
6. Select your package, press Next
7. Press Connect
8. Enter the following information:
Host Name or IP Address: yourdomain.ieasysite.com
User Identifier: (enter your username)
User Password: (enter your password)
Initial Remote Folder: httpdocs
World Wide Web Site URL: http://www.yourdomain.com
Index Page: index.html
9. Press OK
10. Press Next